In sorting through some of my digital clutter, I came across photos from Mexico City during Christmas season last year.
These first photos are from Antara Polanco, an upscale shopping center in the Polanco section of Mexico City. It's the kind of place you stop by to pick up a Coach bag or Armani suit. It's also the kind of place that produces fake snow to create a festive, holiday atmosphere -- it sounds cheesy, but it's a lot of fun, especially when this is the closest you're coming to snow.

This next one is from a Christmas tree in the HSBC tower beside the El Ángel de la Independencia (The Angel of Independence), also known as El Ángel (the Angel). I asked a security guard one day whether I could take a picture of it. He refused. Thankfully the ones at night are nicer.
This last one is alongside Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City's grand avenue, by the National Auditorium. There's always something interesting to see on Reforma. I can't wait to see what's there this year.






No comments:
Post a Comment